Shaving is more than applying a razor to your face. Your facial hair and the skin underneath needs to be cared for, both before and after shaving. The goal during beard prep is to soften your whiskers so shaving is easier and causes less irritation.
- Beard hair isn’t the same as the hair on your head. Shampoo and condition your face and beard daily with products made for beards.
- Do any wet shaving before you use a trimmer.
- Use a trimmer on a dry beard.
- A hot towel is a great way to soften your beard before shaving.
- Before shaving or trimming your beard, run a comb through it to get all the hair pointing in a uniform direction.
- Rinse your face with cold water to close your pores.
- Moisturize to minimize skin irritation and itchiness.
- Use a non-alcohol aftershave.
It’s almost time. Map your Plan